by Andy Blackhurst on 20 June, 2016
History shows that Britain is better when it is united with Europe.
Together we are stronger in the fight against the global problems that don’t stop at borders. We can stop international crime, we can fight climate change, and together we will provide hope and opportunity for the future.
1. Prosperity: Britain is already stronger and better off trading and working with Europe. There are millions of jobs which are impacted by the ability to trade with Europe, and thousands of businesses would be thrown into turmoil if we left. And it is cheaper for British people. If we left the average family would end up spending £450 a year more in goods and services.
2. Peace: After decades of brutal conflict, European nations came together in cooperation. To this day, neighbours and allies support each other in what remains the world’s most successful project in peace.
3. Opportunity: British people have more opportunities to work, travel and learn than ever before. Staying in Europe gives our children and grandchildren greater prospects, and the best chance to succeed.
4. Environment: Protecting the natural environment remains one of the planet’s biggest challenges, for health, for food stocks and for climate change. These problems are tackled better when we all come together.
5. Security: Together we are stronger against terrorists who despise our liberal and modern way of life. And together we can break the criminal gangs who threaten our country with the illegal drugs trade, weapons and human trafficking.
It is not the time to turn our backs on Europe, leaving us isolated, side-lined and alone.
By voting to remain in, Britain can thrive.
Together we show the world an open, outward-facing Britain we can all be proud of. Join the Liberal Democrat campaign today, to remain in together, and to stand up for the type of Britain you think we should be.Leave a comment